Senior Product Designer (UI/UX Designer)
Los Angeles Headquarter
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer (UI/UX Designer) who is strong in visual design, understands social applications and can translate requirements into an intuitive user experience. You will be in charge of leading our UX and UI efforts with product management and engineering team to deliver the best experience possible for our customers. Your responsibilities will include visual design, feature development, prototyping and overseeing implementation for our iOS and Android Mobile App.
- Lead our new web and mobile app design and completely revamp our style guide.
- Drive the direction, style, and methodology of design and usability.
- Participate across all aspects of the design process from research, ideation, design, to testing.
- Create clear wire-frames, user flows, site maps, and graphic visualizations to prototype and communicate ideas.
- Evaluate efficacy with user testing and funnel analysis; synthesize findings to inform design solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of customers and business priorities by working closely with Product Managers and Business stakeholders
- Demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking while also delivering solutions that meet user and business goals.
- Design and deliver products that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Implement revisions quickly and accurately.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience in UI and UX Designing is preferred.
- Have a stunning portfolio of mobile designs (Native or Mobile Web).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Have a proven track record in producing exciting, innovative visuals for digital products.
- Absolute mastery in Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Adobe XD and other industry-standard design tools.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Bonus to have developed consumer tech mobile apps (sports, fitness/wellness, lifestyle).
- Knowledge of design process a must: research, wireframes, user flows, iterative design.
- Ability to work effectively with an offshore development team and deliver designs that can be implemented by front-end engineers.
- Expert of design principles (color theory, grid systems, layouts, and typography)
- Prior experience in demand generation, A/B testing, or user research.
- Experience in applying user research, the user needs validation and usability evaluation.
- Experience of working with developers within an agile development process to ensure a polished and easy-to-use end product.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate design decisions.
What we offer
- This position can be Full or Contract depending on the individual.
- FT Competitive Salary
- Flexible working hours, high degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to join a high-growth startup as an early member (10 - 30 employees)
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location - Our office is located in The Gas Company Tower, an award-winning landmark in the heart of downtown Los Angeles!