Senior Backend Engineer
Los Angeles Headquarter
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to lead our engineering team and take our product to a leading iOS and Android consumer application. Reporting directly to and working closely with the co-founders, you’ll play a pivotal role in developing the company's product strategy, vision, roadmap. Ideal candidate will be a passionate, hard-working, and talented senior-level developer who has experience building consumer-facing mobile iOS apps, Android apps, and web-based SaaS platform. You are ready to take on a new challenge in your career and make the leap to building and leading a team. You are capable of building out technical designs with limited direction, and able to translate a product vision to technical plans. You’re independent, imaginative, self-motivated, and thrive with ambiguity. If you want to build something different and new, and if you believe you can drive your vision and ideas to reality, this is your chance.
Our Tech Stack is
- Programming Language: node.js(serverless)
- Database: Dynamo DB, Maria DB, Elastic Search
- Package Manager: npm
- Server: AWS
- Programming Language: Nuxt.js + Vuetify.js
- IOS Programming Language: Swift 4.2, IDE: Xcode.
- Android Programing Language: Kotlin, JAVA
- Set the company's strategy and direction. Establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development and implementation.
- Working with the management, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the product, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web and mobile application frameworks and the deployment stacks) for delivering the product.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web/mobile-based services.
- Build the underlying structure needed to make the apps/platform functional.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of professional experience working in software development building consumer-facing iOS and Android app, and web-based application and platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience in building and leading small engineering teams both onshore and offshore (10-20 people).
- Have a proven track record in developing consumer tech mobile apps (sports, fitness/wellness, lifestyle).
- Have designed and developed a complete iOS, Android, and web app from top to bottom. Have designed, developed, and deployed at least one large-scale consumer application.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- A proven leader who knows how to set clear goals & targets, and pull together a highly functioning integrated team.
- A hands-on leader with a passion for a consumer technology and sports industry.
What we offer
- Equity Options
- FT Competitive Salary
- Flexible working hours, high degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to join a high-growth startup as an early member (10 - 30 employees)
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location - Our office is located in The Gas Company Tower, an award-winning landmark in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.